Wednesday, January 25, 2017

"I often dream of trains when I'm alone"






I think I have discovered why I just sit at home and buy things now, it is much easier than traveling. Traveling requires effort, logistical planning, the ability to commit, friends in other cities, etc. Amazon Prime doesn't ask for any of that nonsense. I'm willing to bet that you'll be able to get steamed mussels soon from Amazon also, and good ones! 


I will be traveling soon, though. There are a number of options available to me that I am currently investigating - ski trip to Colorado, Spring vacation to Florida, a NYC / Woodstock trip to retrace Bob Dylan's famous motorcycle crash, making a human mandala in a field with a bunch of stinkin' hippies, maybe London in the Summer. I want to go to Bangkok. 

It's a lot to think about. Then there is the money to consider, which also becomes a lot to think about. I preferred life when others paid for my travel needs and were excited to feed and care for me while I was in their town and consuming their resources. Having to spend my own money to go places feels unnatural. Worse, it feels wrong and stupid, evil.

I want to ride a train again, read a book, and pretend that none of this is happening but rather only that is happening, that train and that passing landscape, ahead of me only the great unbrushed yawn of nothingness.






.








.