Friday, August 31, 2012

Yesterday's wine






This site is collapsing. It has been hemorrhaging readers for a couple weeks now. I blame the accounting department. They should have seen this coming. I'm about to step into a meeting with the board of directors that I'm certain will be a thorough stripping down. We have our investors to consider, our stockholders placed their trust in us, etc. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they let me go.  I don't blame them. I can't blame accounting, really. It was my responsibility. I have failed myself. 

I've spent the morning looking around for a cardboard box to empty my desk out. I've never really liked my new office all that much anyway. My suspicion is that they'll promote the new guy.  He's got two teeth breaking through, so I'm sure he's hungry. All the ladies in the office just swoon over him, they think he's adorable, with his soft blue eyes and locks of flowing brown. I'm just yesterday's uncorked wine.

Speaking of... unholy forgotten corpse of christ, did anybody see Clint Westwood's televised incoherence last night? They wheeled that electrified corpse out there to ramble to an empty chair for about ten minutes. The pasties all ate it up like it was pure uncut Elmer's. He was like HAL 9000 towards the very end. I'm still amazed he didn't break into song. 

It really was like listening to a vacuum cleaner that had been unplugged. He was pretend-playing with the prez, offering to give him Air Force One, trading imaginary invectives. I've never seen an actor retire before.

It was the closest I've ever been to witnessing the sink and slide into dementia. 

And they say that the right doesn't care about the infirm.... They sure proved all of us wrong. 

Everybody has a place in their new society, especially make-believe presidents.



.