Saturday, July 26, 2014

Who doesn't love Ice Cream?






Up in the middle of the night, fell back asleep long enough to wake up just as the gym opens. Now, I sit here, knowing that I won't go to the gym but wishing that I had the coffee that would be my reward if I did. It is all an endless negotiation with self, life.

Today, the little boy and I will go into the city. We will have some adventure together. He is truly a remarkably sweet and crafty boy. 

Yesterday, we sat eating dinner together at a place where we also sometimes enjoy small servings of gelato, which he believes to be ice cream. We sat together and shared vegetables and a breast of chicken, talking about Buzz Lightyear as we ate.

In a moment of pause he turned and looked at me and said, "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, Rhys."

"I love your eyes, Daddy."

"I love your your eyes also, Rhys."

"I love when we share ice cream together, Daddy."





.