Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Qulinary 6




(Roasted Chicken)


I put it in for a bit more after this, 6 or 7 minutes, at 500 degrees. It came out a more golden brown than is shown here, but I neglected to take another picture. 

The next time I go to Washington I'm going to go see Julia Child's Kitchen at The Smithsonian.

A friend recommended a cook book, Food52, which has been great for me. Since I don't know how to cook I'm less reluctant to follow some of the unorthodox recipes found therein. Another friend bought one for me as a gift, which has been super useful, and yet another was a recommendation. Between all three I'll be a master chef by the time that I retire.

This morning I prepared Coq au Vin for eight. It's slow cooking now. I will bring it to my friends' house on Monday night and we will all feast on my specialized labor. 

I'm going to start my own cooking show soon.





Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it's too assertive to the naked eye. - Gordan Ramsay (my spirit animal)


To the naked eye, my cooking looks more like a one-man UFC match.

.