Saturday, November 21, 2015

Craps!



(Strip)


A whole weekend in front of me with nothing at all planned. The recurring temporary victory of the worker. I can spend as much time as I like at the gym or the pub.

I recently had lunch with a friend that was part of the 8% layoffs from Twitter. He had already found another job and taken the latest start date possible, some time in February. He was planning on doing a few months of traveling, enjoying each day with nothing much to do. He was shopping for new camera lenses and even bought me lunch. While I enjoy my job immensely, and just took on a new portion of the product that will afford me many learning opportunities, I was still quite envious at his description of how the next few months of his life will be. Who doesn't love a little freedom, matched with the resources to explore it. 

I have been thinking about traveling again soon. Las Vegas, to visit some friends, the newlyweds whose wedding I was at in Mexico not so long ago. They were also at Burning Man. I had hoped to bring the boy but the timing didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Okay, done, just booked my flight. Vegas in December it is. I will start smoking cigars and learning how to master poker and blackjack, try to remember what it feels like to have sex as part of an exchange of currency, etc. 


Well, I have nothing to report today, that much is clear. It is time for me to go to the gym and meander through some sets. Without being pressed for time I won't have to do my usual circuit training.

This must be simply fascinating reading. Maybe things will become more interesting later today at the pub. It's hard to say, though I have the sudden urge to bet that it might.





.