Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 1





I have been sitting here for 5 minutes staring at the computer screen, trying to decide what to write about.  I have given up coffee in an attempt to lose weight and de-tox and my mind refuses to budge.  Today is the first day of what I'm hoping will be a 10 day de-tox/weight loss experiment.  Nothing too crazy, but cutting out some of the unnecessary calories (dairy, fried-foods, soda, alcohol) and attempting to ingest some aids in detoxing (fruits, greens, citrus, garlic).  If I start to release too many toxins into my blood stream then you, my faithful readers, will be the first to know.

It is 21 degrees outside right now, soon I will be back in bed either reading or watching a movie.  It is my day off and I refuse to freeze tonight.  I went outside to walk the dog and we both agreed it was far too cold.  The dog has a specific look of consternation that he employs when he wants me to understand the absurdity of my actions, of what I am asking him to do, the impossibility of the cold, etc.

It is a full moon tomorrow, the wolf moon.  Perhaps I will have already lost my mind and soul by then, howling in torment from the snow covered rooftops, jumping from building to building, searching out fresh corpses, shapeshifting as I go....