Friday, November 21, 2014

The Tauntaun Toddler





Note the Star Wars pajammies.... in pumpkin collars and cuffs.

I want a matching pair. I'll find them, too. I mean, I am your father, and all of that, etc.


The time is arriving on padded Ewok paws when the boy and I will sit down together and watch Star Wars for the first time. It might still be a few years off but I can feel it approaching. Call it the Force, if you must, but I do feel it. Chalk it up to the many midi-chloridians.

I don't have the energy to make a bunch of nerd jokes here. Do Jedis ever really apologize? We'll keep our eyes wide for Order 65.


Don't worry, though... I'll also take the warrior to his first Peter Framptoon concert. What could possibly be more important to a young boy than the bookend summers of '76, and '77, when Corvettes and Trans-Ams ruled the roads and even serious artists were taking stabs at a quick disco hit....

The night is dark but the sidewalk's bright, and lined with the light of the living...

Yes, young Jedi; bright, it is.


Some Boston, barely an infection from Aerosmith (not too much). Then, as a matter of pure course, the eternal fight against the evil of the many Empires.







.