Monday, November 25, 2013

The Greatest Show on Earth



(Zora, the thunder dog)


The more time I have the less I manage it, or the less well I manage it.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning. Somehow, I still managed to spend my time in such a way that I didn't have any left to write a post.

Improving my habits doesn't actually improve my habits.
 
I'm going to start meditating again. Well, I've been thinking about it anyway. I need to unclutter my mind some, to straighten its errant shuffling. Exercise only goes so far. I used to dabble in mediation when I was a young man, more of a boy really, somewhere between the two states. Seventeen years old, approx.

I remember experimenting with lots of stuff back then. I had a greater willingness to try a variety of things. Somewhere along the way that willingness started to repeat and eventually led to habits formed, and Zeppelin.

If "You can't teach and old dog new tricks" then I wonder if you can remind them of any. We learn most of what we need to know pretty early on. The rest of life tends to be reminders: painful, joyous, unsuspecting and otherwise.


I looked into it: you most certainly can teach an old dog new tricks. They actually learn much faster than young dogs as they are less distracted and more focused on the possibility of reward.

So, there is that.

I'll be sitting, shaking, fetching, and rolling over in no time.

Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey will demand to know my secret.



 .