Saturday, September 7, 2013

SF via Oakland






I went into SF to work yesterday, then stayed for the night. Nothing good ever comes from that. We somehow ended up in Oakland, at one point. That also is a mystery. It had something to do with a bar, I remember that. My head is filled with fuzzy pain and a sausage sandwich from McDonald's actually tasted pretty good this morning on the drive home. That is always a bad sign.

Today is an unwritten country song.

Oakland really is a much nicer city than its reputation would have you believe. The part that we were in, anyway. The pictures that I took suggest that we were there shortly before sundown and then for some time after. I went back to my friend's house early and fell asleep, only to be awoken in the middle of the night with some crazed screaming coming from one of my friends. A bit of self induced derangement. That is what our investigation of the matter uncovered. 


These are pictures that made their way into my phone.


I call this one Oakland oblique:





.