Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Still Rocks under Water



(Still Rocks under Water…my finest moment)


I race into the city, then back again. My life is the pace of a video game. I used to wonder if the game "Asteroids" would trigger crack relapses for addicts in the 80's, or even the 90's, or ever… The dual danger of desperation and loneliness.

I don't know if I'll have time to conduct the necessary research.


Taking a weekend off and going to Yosemite has thrown my body-clock off. I wake up later than normal and I have no time left to write. My body is tired but does not stop moving long enough to collapse.

I rush here and then I rush there, as an Old Testament fool. King Solomon would have used me as a fine proverbial example. The wicked man runs when no one is chasing him...

That's me, Sol, wickedness apace.


This is how I spend my mornings, trapped between two-dimensional rocks floating in space, all meant to do me eventual harm.

Life moves faster and faster as they break into smaller and smaller pieces. I just keep the quarters coming; spinning and firing, receding, thrusting into darkness.




.