Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Death to Tyrants, eventually.




(JhEngstrom)


Visitors arriving today, lots to do.   We are still far from having moved into our place, there are boxes everywhere, the closets are filled with them from floor to ceiling.  We need to build bookshelves but everything costs money, lots of it.  I suppose I could have lived my life with much less expense, but I wouldn't have wanted to, if given the choice.

I might have found a way to live more elaborately.  I might have learned to throw things out also.  I am not quite a hoarder but I am a collector of books and records, thousands and thousands of them.  They fill the closets, hallways and walls of our townhouse.

Fuck.  I just went to put the little boy to sleep.  After several minutes of rocking him, then swaddling him, putting him in the crib, petting his head, keeping my hand on his chest to calm him down, then he finally went slowly to sleep.  When I went to get up my aging knees both popped and woke him up with a startle.  He immediately had the hiccups.  Is there no winning left in life?

Ok, I don't want to promise anybody anything - we'll have to wait and see - but I might have lured the Belgian misfit, Nadja, over to my site to engage in some light international banter.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but with a little luck, this might be a lot of fun, for me.  We'll see how it all pans out.

Nope, she's decided to continue being a nuisance over at Selavy's site.  She just responded, disappointingly, that she would greatly prefer to continue being annoying there rather than here.  Oh well... such is life.  I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up.  I'll just have to continue tracking her outwit herself over there each day.  It's always just a click away.

Well, then she did post on my site....  She is one of the most elusive nincompoops I've ever encountered.  Who can possibly understand her mysterious European ways?



.