Monday, December 20, 2010

A Red Porsche



My assessment was correct. My 3 day weekend flew by and I only got some of the things done that I had hoped to.  Now I begrudgingly prepare to return to work with a life full of loose ends and uncompleted efforts.  I did take about 1500 pictures this weekend.  When I tried to go through them on my wife's computer it kept crashing/freezing.  A bad sign.  I am bringing my computer in today to have it repaired.  The extended warranty is about to expire and it is beginning to fail, also freezing.  It is frustrating as my new interest in photography means that I need a computer that I can use to manage the ever-increasing database of photos.

Why, Oh Lord, Why...?

I really like my new camera.  I brought it to a Christmas party and was showing off its many charms and features.  I think I am going through a mid-life crisis.  The camera is perhaps my red sports car.  I said this to a friend and he denied the possibility over and over.  But I think there is some truth to it. I should know.  Of course a camera is not really a red sports car, but I think it is possible to follow the path of thought and see a relationship there.  I am trying to both capture and express something about myself and the camera can be read as somewhat indicative of a life-change purchase.  I have suddenly become interested in documenting my life and the lives of those around me in a way that I never was before.  I am becoming increasingly aware of the transience of it all, and how fleeting it all is.


I am going to lie down and take a nap before I have to go to work.  I leave you with a picture of a bird in flight.

Enjoy it while it lasts.