Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It is done.....





Yes, "Buy Used", new is very, very expensive.  I finally picked up my camera this morning.  I slept terribly last night, like it was Christmas Eve, and I only a child of 9.  The pictures included in this post are not from the new camera. I won't bore you with the details but I've worked all day, had an unusually hard day, and am too tired to figure out the transfer process, though I'm hoping it's simple.

So you get some old NYC images from the trusty DMC-LX3....

I guess it's just lack of sleep, and trying to do too many things at once, but I am fatigued, deeply fatigued.  I don't have the energy to work-out, which I know will be good for me, and give me energy, and help me manage my time.  Instead I am running around, trying to do all things at once, none of them well, and getting increasingly exhausted from it all.  I almost had a minor breakdown at work today.  Again, I won't bore you with the details.  The alarm on my phone just went off, alerting me of a friend's birthday and it startled me so much I jumped.  That kind of a day...

Well, I survived the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death.  One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post about him, and Elvis, and my friend's mom, was that though I've learned to see him as a human, and not always an admirable one at that, I've still retained a deep love for some of his music.  It is more likely that I will put on a Rolling Stones album if I'm going to listen to old rock, but when I am in the right mood, there are songs of his that The Stones never matched, though The Stones are easier to listen to most of the time, and easier to get along with, as a fan, etc.  They are less challenging, and that's what I want, less challenge.  I won't bore you with...

The beer is beginning to take hold and I want to go to sleep soon.  Maybe, if I am lucky, I will wake up and go to the gym, in the freezing cold, and get a good workout, and relieve some of the built up anxieties of living.  Then there are many, many other things to do as well, and when I am done with them there is a whole day of work to do, a particularly difficult job when you are having stress.  Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be filled with boring details.


One way, or another.

I like the picture below. It somehow captures my mood tonight.  The arrows demanding differences that can not be reconciled.  A confused collection of instructions, all perhaps misguided assertions under the ever-glowing darkness.  The two characters looked trapped in a tent, intent on breaking out through the western wall, with a giant fallen mushroom floating, suspended in the basement, heading south...