Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makin' babies...






Today is the baby shower.  Many people have come in from out of town.  There is an excitement in the air.  I will smile a lot today and nod with approval, spending my time taking pictures of others.  Such gatherings often make me nervous for some reason.  I've never understood why.  I've somewhat learned to cope by distracting myself.  It is much better than the alternative.  It will be good practice for Thanksgiving.

A few easy rules to remember today:  It is difficult to get drunk from beer, much easier with wine, impossible not to with whiskey.  That about covers it.  When I am nervous I tend to over-drink.  I will focus on taking pictures today, keeping my hands occupied.  They are the devil's playthings when idle, I have learned...

Oh yes, I have learned.




.