Tuesday, November 8, 2011

220+




(My weight 6 months ago)


I went for a bike ride yesterday, then again today.  It has been some time since I last rode.  It is easy to forget what fresh eyes it can give you, depending on how you ride, and what for.  

This morning I got a fresh set of eyes into my clogged heart.  I attempted to ride up Lovall Valley Road.  It is impossible to tell from that link exactly how difficult the uphill ride is.  But I promise you, that from where the squared-off roads stop, and the river-like road begins, it is far up into the hills, an unrelenting and unforgiving heart shock.  As I rode upwards in the lowest gear possible, up and around bend after bend, I felt a sausage link make its way from my left ventricle out into the aorta, then it dissolved into my blood stream and I got a very nice minced-pork-high from it. 

No, I kid.  But it was an eye-opener for me.  I have ballooned up to about 25 pounds above the weight that I am happiest at.  It shows.  I don't even know what I weigh now but it is up there, somewhere well above the numbers that keep me happy.

I saw a card that said, "If you are what you eat, then I want to eat a skinny person." 

Ok, that is my wisdom for you today.  

There is much else to do in this new world, China has just announced its nuclear ambitions.....


.