Tuesday, November 14, 2017

What Next?



(Rhys Presley)


I woke up early, read for a while, wrote some emails, took a shower, got dressed, got in the car and headed towards the highway, the bay. Something was wrong. The car wouldn't go above third gear. It was revving out at 45 mph. There was no way I could get this up on the 101. I question whether I'll even be able to use the car to get my son to school and back, even that ride has a few stretches of 50 or 55 mph.

What to do? Time for a new car, it seems. I have been wanting one anyway, though I prefer for these moments to be choices rather than needs. 


Any money that goes into a car is money that will not go elsewhere, so I resent having to spend one way when my happiness is the other direction, towards leisure and away from demands. But not having a car creates some unhappiness, also. 

It is a dilemma, possibly a painful one.




"The trick is not minding that it hurts." - T.E. Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia









.