Thursday, November 18, 2010

2-8 second shutter speed





I can't seem to find any time any more. All of life is a rush and still I don't get most of the things done that I want to. I am adding new hobbies every year to make sure I'll never stop feeling like I could always do more.

I spent my whole life not caring that much about photography. I mean, I did love the photography of others, I just didn't care that much about doing it myself, even though I have a bachelor's degree in motion picture technology. Now I am obsessed with it, though I never have any time to go out and shoot pictures, I spend all of my free time comparing camera specs.

I've been contemplating jumping ship and buying the Canon D7 instead of the Nikon D7000. It's a last minute change of plan that I'm just not sure about.

For me, it's a big decision, and a lot of money. I barely have the time to go out shooting with the little digital camera I have. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a much larger dslr that will require a camera bag and accessories, etc., etc.

With the money I'm spending on the new camera I could finance a trip, somewhere that I might be able to take pictures in almost complete darkness of my wife, lying on a roadside, for what reason I can't possibly remember. Probably because she was tired of carrying the camera. Or tired of hearing me talk about it, or perhaps just tired... though I don't know why, she had 8 seconds to lie there, according to the metadata.