Monday, May 11, 2020

I miss flying





I should not have written about my friends doing cocaine the other night. I dreamed about eating the stuff and it caused me some acute dream-restlessness. I'm not sure why I was eating cocaine in my dream. Perhaps snorting exists outside of the dream sphere - too unnatural an act; who knows. There were other aspects of the dream that did not make sense, also.

What happened to the dreams of youth? I remember that I used to have some in which I was flying. When I am swimming in large hotel pools now I will occasionally push myself off of the side of the pool wall towards the distant end and only paddle in a wide sweeping motion with both arms moving together in unison and I will pretend that I am weightless, in motion until the oxygen runs out.


















.