Monday, February 25, 2013

Dancing with gravity



Fuck. A friend accidentally took a picture of me standing at a park, watching Rachel play. My jeans are baggy, yes. But there is more.... I have a noticeable "muffin-top."  It is hideous. I have committed to going back to the gym, but this will require more than just working out. It will require a change in behavior, in eating habits. I don't really want to change my eating habits, but the evidence is circling up around me. 

Speaking of evidence... I believe I've put down the cop insurrection, for now. He was becoming really creepy. He had done a bit of background research on me, and Rachel. He kept dropping little bits of personal historical data into the thread: how long it took me to get my a.a. degree, when my arrests were, where we live, where Rachel works, etc. As I said the other day, if you give them a chance to prove who they are then they usually will. 

I'm watching the clock tick, with nothing to write about. The gym opens at 6am and it is only 5:25 now. I feel like I'm getting fatter just by sitting here. I wouldn't mind being a few pounds heavy if it didn't look so bad. But it does. It is difficult to align your idea of yourself with the reality when pictures like the one I referenced above make their way onto the internet, you find them accusing you in the early morning hours when you are defenseless.

Weekends are a day shorter than they should be. This one went by too fast. I would bet any amount of money that the two most popular days to call in sick are Monday and Friday. It's the only way that you can possibly have a day to yourself, and when else are you going to learn to hula-hoop?