Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Lost Boys






Too much "other" to do today to write. I have taken a half day off from work, and might just need the full.

It is astonishing what a good night's sleep will do for a person, vitality returns. Last night was the perfect night for it, too. I have a potentially stressful day ahead of me, filled with questions or certainties. It is all a dread, this mismanaging of lost love.


The boy slept here last night. Now that he has his own twin bed he's much easier to deal with. I am, at least, able to sleep mostly uninterrupted. It is all a great adventure for him and one is expected to know this from the pirate sheets that cover his mattress and pillow.

He sleeps now next to me as I write this, skirmishing once again with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.





.