Thursday, July 16, 2020

Consider The Ravens



(Boy Q6, by Rembrandt)


I ended up ordering an even nicer Nikon 105mm f1.8 AI-S prime portrait lens. I could have, of course, bought the 105mm f2 DC, but I already have the superior 135mm f2 DC, so why be gluttonous towards one type of seeing? Also, I only plan on using this manually with film bodies. Auto-focus adds considerable expense to the cost of glass, as well as increasing the possibility, if not likelihood, of failure.

The image above was just a quick snapshot in the kitchen last night. Mom had braided his hair. He wished to document it for posterity. I had him stand under the soft kitchen light. Chiaroscuro was the desired effect. A real Renaissance image, at long last.


I look forward to the end of each day now. Not in a dismal or gloomy way, but because I am starting to stay up later and the peace and quiet is good for me. I sip red wine and try to remind myself not to worry so much. 


Who of you by worrying will add a single hour to their lives?


Well, that's what I ask myself as the wine wears off.








.