Wednesday, May 25, 2011

... more of a "texting"



(Rachel and a stray salty dog)


Last night I dreamt that I was at Burning Man.  It was great, free sex and psychedelic dream drugs, until I lost my phone and somebody started singing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn".... Now, as dreams go, I have no way of knowing why I had my phone with me at Burning Man or why a Poison song drifted through my Dreaming Man experience, but there you have it.  Life is a mystery.

I eventually found my phone in the dream but it was only after checking 4 or 5 that I had found on the ground near where we were all hanging out. It was a camp with very plush theater style seating, designed in couches.  The bar was still open and the sun had come up.  We were having cocktails, chatting.  

Then I woke up.  It turns out that I had not been on psychedelic drugs at all, and as for the sex, well... she was still sleeping.


I yearn to go to the beach again.  It has been a while.  I miss it much more than I would have ever thought that I might ever admit to. But I do.  When I lived in Florida I was not one of those people who worshipped the beach.  I loved it, but I didn't ever consider getting a wave tattooed on my chest or anything.  I don't have any tattoos.  Perhaps that's why I write this blog.  I'm trying to fill the empty spaces on my body with ink.

For me writing was never a "calling", it ended up being much more of a "texting."  It happened later in life and in an abbreviated form; though I was able to reach my friends relatively easily with it, digitally.  The people who attack texting (and Facebook) strike me as the type people that probably can't write poems very well, or shouldn't try to.  All you have to do is focus and compress what you're trying to say. If you can do so somewhat artfully then it's fun, especially if your friends are literate or have a sense of humor. 

That's all I was ever saying:  Laugh a little. Though I wasn't laughing much when I said it.  I am now.

I mean... I was having psychedelic pseudo-orgies all through the night on an abandoned lakebed high in the mountains last night with thousands of people all around.  That's funny, right?



.