Wednesday, November 6, 2019

An idealistic kid runs into the supernatural light




No politics, though I am tempted. It incites my passions like a bloodlust because I'm not enlightened. I gave up on that years ago, for the reason just listed. 

One thing, though: Trump is Jesus for the followers of Jesus that don't believe in the teachings of Jesus. Even when they lose they think and proudly claim they're winning.

When I was a young boy I went to an evangelical church and surrendered my heart over to the bleeding hands of Jesus. I told you that I wasn't enlightened, what did you expect? But the impression that those people gave me never really left me. They would deny basic facts of all kinds and constantly tell us that our own eyes and minds are out to trick us, and not to trust them. For a time, I confused this with enlightenment because at that time I could not tell the difference between meaning and the feeling of meaning.

This concludes my Bill and Ted's Talk.



I like these images. They are dark and frantic and not portraits of my son's beautiful blue eyes. So, you know, it's a different type of photography for me. The one at the top is the one I like the most. It seems as if he is being lifted into the light, mid-stride. An alien abduction of sorts, for believers and non-believers alike.

It is written in the light and darkness.






.