Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"Be gone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!"





Nothing to report today, the heat is well beyond pleasant. No bike ride today, no gym in a week. I am withering like the wicked witch of the west when doused with water, except around the belly. 

The heat is a cursed brat, just look what it has done. I'm melting, I'm melting.... Who would have thought that some little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness....

Who, indeed?

I have only one hour before I must get in the car and go into the city. There are papers to find, clothes to pack, a shower to take, a cookbook so that I can make my friends my increasingly famous lasagna dish tomorrow night. It will be my first attempt at a veggie lasagna. My good buddy, Abraham Lohan, is pushing for chicken, but he will be ignored. It is written. 


We were invited to go see Cars 3 at the Steve Jobs theater on the Pixar campus tonight. The boy will simply love that. We have chosen a place for dinner in Emeryville - Korean barbecue. He is getting a world tour lately in food. The other day there was Ethiopian. There is talk of a winter trip to Costa Rica where I will teach him to eat generous portions of pollo de árbol


The boy and I have been going swimming every day possible, to help wash off the heat from the skin, where the water is most welcomed. It comes back  every day before noon, of course, the heat. The evenings are never quite cool enough to recover. In the very early morning you can feel the warmth reappear in union with the sunrise.

The internet says there is no proof that today will end. It is the longest day of the year. The conservatives are convinced the heat of it is nothing more than another elaborate liberal hoax. What else could possibly explain its global increase, other than the iniquities of the left. 

We'll all see soon enough, I suppose. The argument will become about who survives, not who was correct in 2016. Facts will be a forgotten luxury - data, a plaything of the past.


The sun is the greatest bullfighter of them all.






.