Saturday, February 13, 2016

Finding the pleasures...






… in domestic life. They are modest and sometimes hard to spot, though easy enough to repeat, a thing which perhaps prevents them from becoming joy, but they are what we have. The ritual of living, of learning how.


I have been utilizing the new coffee maker, the Vitamix, and all manner of pots and pans. With a free day ahead of me, I am considering spending it cooking. That is what my life has become. I've had worse times, like the Tuesdays and Wednesday after.

I made fruit smoothies this morning. The locally raised strawberries were so fresh and red and sweet that I thought to take a picture, pulling out an old macro lens to take it. 

I will go to to the market soon, after having chosen a recipe, then spend part of the afternoon in the kitchen cooking, though for whom I could not possibly say. 

Me, I guess. Me.





.