Saturday, May 14, 2016

… wine before






A day with the boy. We went to a professional playground with our buddies and rode go-karts and played video games and ate nonsense. It was great fun until the boy vomited up in the car on the way home. Don't worry, it wasn't my fault, not quite anyway. He had eaten much mango earlier and it turns out he was struggling to digest it. It arrived unexpectedly in full pieces. The car seat and all of his clothes smell of the unstomached wretchedness now. Today should be laundry day, if for no other reason, but I'll put it off.  I should wash my hands, they smell of sick. 

I'm tired of too many things to list here. I've put myself in a situation that I had known that I shouldn't, but I did anyway. It will take time to transition away from it. There are no easy answers. I should not write cryptically, it serves no purpose.

I never wanted to be your weekend lover 
I only wanted to be some kind of friend 
Baby, I could never steal you from another 
It's such a shame this friendship had to end

Now, I will try to convince the boy to take a nap. Naps used to be just for him, though I have now acclimated to our little afternoon siestas. Few things make me quite as content.


I had taken a hiatus from drinking, trying to lose weight, and I have… but, I have grown bored of it. When we wake up we'll go to the store and buy something to cook for dinner. Even though I spent almost $400 at the grocery store the other day I somehow neglected to buy anything that I can turn into a meal, so we'll go back and figure something out. I might buy myself a nice bottle of red wine and drink it slowly while cooking, relishing its effects. 

Few things make me happier than wine after a nap. Falling asleep slightly thinner might do it. We'll probably never know.










(Boy, #1-#9)




.