Friday, October 28, 2011

... an expression of unity






No time to write today. I must rush out the door, then to work, then into SF for the night, then back to work tomorrow.  A friend is in town and I will be part of a rock star's entourage tonight.  I will be back tomorrow with brave tales, or perhaps the next day.




This has nothing at all to do with what I'll be doing tonight. But the mention of Rock and Roll made me think of it:

Robert Hunter, the lyricist for the Grateful Dead, wrote The Ten Commandments of Rock and Roll... Here they are... 


I had meant to only post the last one, as it was the only one that I ever really knew or had heard before, but I did a search and found the rest.  

Isn't the internet simply grand....



1. Suck up to the Top Cats.
2. Do not work to express independent opinions.
3. Do not work for the common interest - only factional interest.
4. If there's nothing to complain about dig up some old gripe.
5. Do not respect property and persons other than your own.
6. Make devastating judgements on persons and situations without adequate information.
7. Discourage and confound personal, technical or creative projects.
8. Single out absent persons for intense criticism.
9. Believe that anything or anyone you don't understand is trying to fuck with you.
10. Destroy yourself physically and morally and insist that all true brothers and sisters do likewise as an expression of unity.



.