Friday, January 6, 2023

Time for all of that, King Solomon




What next? I simply get back in the habit of writing here every day? Seems easy enough. If I can keep this site from becoming an unintended invitation to correspondence then I should be okay. 

The subtitle of this page is "Emails Without a Home..." Etc.

Sometimes it is nice to know that someone out there in the darkness is reading what you have written. Sometimes it should only be darkness out there. 


This is a time of notorious California rains. We're in the national news again for yet another biblical curse. There has been flooding throughout the state.  I have been using the word deluge to my friends, because I'm a twat. The skies have been gray for more than a week and they will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future. Rain seems better than fire. Any plague, Oh Lord, that these old bones can bear.

I have been building an ark in the back yard, to god's exacting standards. I will stock it with two of every animal that tastes good or has a nice ass, and all together we will ride this out. 

I think I stole stole that from a Beatles song. 
 

What else? Should I catalogue my relationship problems, the difficulties of being a parent, the experience of not drinking after the holidays, my job? Or maybe I could post my favorite recipes. Hopefully there will be time for all of that. 




.