Monday, January 9, 2023

Beckoning the Reckoning




I'm having a voiceless breakdown of sorts. I can admit it here; we're all friends. I've been announcing my psyche through crisis actions - erratic in new ways, sentimental in others, teary. I can hardly speak. My throat is clenching up as if my mind is choking me, reminding me that it's choking me. I'm not breathing well, or enough. It started last week, during an important call. Then, it continued over the weekend when talking to friends. My eyes are filled with swirling specters, principalities of the air, the messengers of darkness. This is the witches' sabbath. Some foul thing chants my name in the forest while dreaming. Awake, I hear its breath in the vacant dark. Always far away, I'm afraid of what I've known or become, what I've thought I've known. What had I thought I would  become.









.