Friday, January 20, 2023

.... all of that out




The thing about working a job and being a parent is that very little happens in your life outside of those two things. So, you look internally and there you find several horrors. Sure, there is happiness, also. What blogger can convey the sensation of that feeling well in writing, or often, without also being nauseous? I scour the past for tales to tell, though telling of the past too often relays the conditions of the present. 

Perhaps one day I'll tell the story here of how Raquel and I met and had a baby, how it all ended then started again. Or, have I written all of that out already?


It all began in Miami. I'd need to check with R, but I'm pretty sure that we don't agree on when and where it was in Miami. There was a cab ride and a nightclub. She remembers the cab ride; I, the other.