Monday, January 9, 2023

An imageless world




I told you that I was running out of images. Why would I lie? That would not be in line with the therapeutic nature and intentions of this site.

The rain let up for a few hours yesterday. The sun even came out for a bit. Still, I stayed in bed and read and watched movies all day, humped my pillows, etc. The forecast shows rain every day for the next ten. That's as far as they'll predict. I might start limiting my predictions to the same. The earth is a complex place. Or, that's what the "argument" has been among my conservative friends against the idea of climate change. I regard everybody's opinions as amateur meteorologist predictions now. 

It doesn't matter what they say, it'll probably keep raining. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about political differences. I'm reading a book about the ideological underpinnings and assumptions made by different people. It is yes - gasp! - written by a black libertarian that most of my friends would consider a conservative. I'm not even sure if the word conservative still exists any more. Everybody is either far-right or alt-right now. At least we know which way our enemies are positioned. 

To do my part, I am taking a break from most social media and all of my newsfeeds. I'm ready for the new life, smartphones are built for dopamine hits. News apps are useless. It's news with a condom on. I mostly only scan headlines, though not for the reason that you might think: to stay informed of current events. It is only to mock the phrasing. 







.