Thursday, January 5, 2023

My Mandala




It's true. I wrote a post last night, but Google deleted more than half of it and also removed the posted image. Then, they sent me a message telling me that this post was going to be put behind a sensitive content warning banner. I read the post and can not figure out what is sensitive about it. If anything I came across as possibly too unconcerned about my son's bicycle accident. It was terrifying, truly. I'm sorry, Google. I should have been more explicit about that. Or is it less explicit?

I can't tell, and how are we to know. Increasingly, we live by arbitrary standards, imposed by machines, or humans that hide behind machines. Maybe somebody lodged a complaint. Elon Musk is trying to save us from the many tyrannies of technology while also peddling them. He is trying to show us the light of enlightenment. But we are a stubborn yet proud indigenous people.

Maybe it was the imaginary name I used: Mandala Gangbang.  I guess we'll see when I post this one.

I just hope Google doesn't decide to read any more of my blog for the purpose of announcing editorial protocols. There are a few posts in which, well, they very well might have been sensitive, even by my poor and unexacting standards. I was not always as careful as I could have been, you see. I was born a poor blogger, destined to blog the land with my own hands.  

Perhaps we are all cursed, and these little mysteries and inconveniences are the penance we pay for doing business with the universe. 





.