Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Rushmore




Bill Murray's character in this film is eternal. Every generation needs one, every generation creates one. I hope. All of my heroes have been fucked up, some terribly so, eccentrics to the point of self-damage. 

I had never thought of this before, but now I am wondering how many of Anderson's films deal with the subject of pubescent sexuality - at least two: this one and Moonrise Kingdom. There are probably more. 

The Royal Tenenbaums touches on the theme, surely. Gwyneth Paltrow's character, probably - Margot. I believe that Gwyneth Paltrow, as she is now known to the public, should disappear into the dysfunctional character of Margot Tenenbaum and never return to her former self. It feels as if every detail I know about her life has been somehow forced upon me against my will.  

Gene Hackman is the perfect substitute for Bill Murray in that film, though Murray appears in it also. 


I'll take punctuality....





Life feels as if it is moving in a very pleasant slow motion since R-n-R have been gone. The house is quiet, the pup needs me, and loves me. I do as I wish, in seclusion and peace and privacy and quiet. A part of me wishes that this could last, exactly as it is, but nothing does. 

If this lasts much longer then maybe I will end up being an eccentric, too. 






.