Saturday, October 2, 2010

CafeCalvary



I woke up and immediately felt guilty, some vague memory of late night-last minute gibberish about me not buying the camera I want, the camera that I need....

That is, of course, absurd. It is a thing of beauty and it will soon be mine. You can see it here.

I woke up and in that dazed state felt as if I had cheated on, had physically betrayed, my current camera. Luckily they will not make me hand it over when I buy my new one... though they probably should.

What a silly, drink-crazed night.... I have been bitten by, and suffer the sickness of, the photography bug. I feel like a drugged beast at the last rotten craps table in crooked old Atlantic City, desperate for action, bleary-eyed and hoarse from drink and ceaseless talk of the near endless possibilities, forever looking for more, frantically searching for whatever happens next, in frenzied hope of any last remnant of chance.