Thursday, February 9, 2023

Out-of-Office Reply





We are departing for Tahoe tonight, after lacrosse practice. Yes, my son plays indigenous Canadian sports. What of it?  I will be away from my computer until Tuesday. 

I awoke at 2am last night and watched Salesman by Albert and David Maysles and Charlotte Zerwin. Direct Cinema is the genre. It is a film worth watching, though almost in the same way that alcoholism can be a fun affliction. This is the second time I've seen it. There was a forgotten viewing in film school, approximately 1996-'97. 

I could continue with my observations about the film, but of what use will another opinion possibly be. 


Don't worry about me, I fell back asleep around 5am and slept until 7, and I haven't yet run out of opinions. I feel perfectly refreshed today, sort of. CS turned 70, which has me wanting a second daily nap. He likes to mock me but he has turned his focus to recording himself playing music, where my specialized knowledge might prove to be useful. 

That is what (some) men do: develop niche interests and then wait and hope like hanging spiders. 





.