Sunday, March 26, 2023

This orphaned mourning




After the ankle injury yesterday morning I received the news that my father's wife passed away in her sleep. This would be the boy's grandmother - Carla - and I believe my step-mother. Does that make her the boy's step-grandmother? I don't ever really know what people are talking about when they reference relatives. They may as well be speaking Italian. I know that you're not allowed to have sex with anybody that doesn't have a step- before their familial designation, and even then it is frowned upon by the other half, the ones that are not a step-anything. The ones that will hang you from the highest limbs of the family tree.

I also know that you're not supposed to beg for a blowjob from the bride on her wedding day. I know that now. In some cultures it is a way of showing honor, recognizing that she is prized for her many marital values and uses. How drunk I was does not seem to work as an explanation for this behavior, also. There are some acts that are not redeemed by abject drunkenness. Some honor others in their own way. That is the lived-truth of my identity.   


I'm not so sure that women have been universally treated very well throughout history. Though, if you really want to investigate how poorly people can be treated you should read up on what has happened to men. Sure, it mostly happened by other men but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just try talking to almost anybody about the frequency of male-on-male rape. You may as well be advocating for the ideas of Heidegger. 

Where am I going with this cis-man ramble? This shuffling back-beat dance of privilege. 

Foxtrot, Tango, Waltz! 

Decrypted: fuck the world. 
Or, maybe: For The Win! 

The step-grandmother was of Mexican-American descent. Does that get us any family credits tallied up in the correct categories. She was Catholic, too. Also, probably a woman. 


All human suffering is the result of procreation. It is wanting babies that some women are finally becoming more Buddhist about. The birth control pill has been among the truest of enlightenments. 










.