Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Employees Must Wash Hands Befor


Ah, life.... I want things, very specific things. The only way that I see to get them is to suffer much loss of time and (in some cases) dignity. I am expected to do things at a level that always increases and yet am alternately expected to not notice that the expectations are increasing. The rewards are an ever-diminishing recompense.

But oh my, the world is quite bright and shiny with lots of things to want. The simple things that I want are easy enough to acquire: music to listen to, something good to read, etc. Though even these things are difficult to come by with both quality and regularity. It is the basic needs that eat up all of the resources: rent, utilities, food... drink. After that there really is very little left for joy. I once remember hearing that, "money can't buy happiness, but it can finance the search."

Right now I want a new camera. It is a modest camera, compared to some, but beyond my immediate grasp. It is a reasonably large dollar item that is not easily bought on a whim, and I am referring to my 3rd choice rather than the 1st and 2nd, those are well beyond my means in exponential ways.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the camera I have. It's just that other cameras can do so much more. Once you begin taking pictures that is precisely what the eye wants: more.

Look at what wonders can be achieved with it:



That is how I feel: very far away from my feet and always being reminded to wash my hands, but most of all, to return to work...

I think that any sign that instructs people to do something without knowing how to spell the words needed to correctly give that instruction should be illegal.

Before is spelled thusly.... ...the "e" must have hopped off of the mirror and into the sink, trying one last time to save itself.