Saturday, February 27, 2010

Artist unremembered

(taken at Moma, artist unremembered)

I should know who painted this. I wandered around the Moma one day just taking snapshots of the things I saw, trying to avoid getting yelled at by security for said activity.

I have a fair collection of images snatched from larger paintings. Many, if not all of them, look familiar to me but I only know who painted a small handful of them. I am becoming more forgetful, or perhaps I am spending less energy memorizing things that I used to.

I have much to learn when it comes to photography. I take many pictures but so few of them turn out well. I think they look good when I take them but then I look at them a few more times and their qualities dissolve.

A friend of mine just got a new panasonic gf1. I am a little bit jealous. I do not know why. Gadget envy, I suppose. I hardly even know how to use my camera (dmc-lx3), much less have I approached its limitations such that I would need a new camera. But the desire to possess persists. The desire to persist persists.