Sunday, September 10, 2023

Pluto





A real Omega Speedmaster is beyond my price range, the Swatch version seemed inevitable as soon as I discovered it. These were apparently only meant to be purchased at Swatch stores, of which there is one in San Francisco, though I am seeing them used online for a slightly increased price. So, the pixie dust of catholicon capitalism might have a half life that exceeds its grasp. 

Raquel and I went on a date night - we got a nice hotel room, went to a nice dinner, went to a nightclub and saw sophisticated acts perform live. We made love repeatedly. I took nude pictures of her in our hotel room. 

These are atypical times. We are trying things.


This morning she and I walked to the Swatch store. I decided on Pluto. It was the best of the four planets and one local star that were still available. Pluto is perhaps not one I would have chosen without having the other options removed as possibilities. I felt pleased at stepping outside of the otherwise predictable choices I often make. 


I am here now, writing this quick note, to remind myself what it is like to tell a little secret about my own life to unknown listeners. 

The weekend is gone. I return to that other weekly sense of time. 












.