Thursday, June 30, 2016

Not with a bang







Social media has reduced me into being nearly only a crank. My moments of grace are becoming increasingly embarrassing. I find myself disagreeing with everything I hear, much of what I say, all that I write. It gives life an ugly momentum. Terrible. Everything that I see is obnoxious, or worse. So few experiences seem inviting any longer. Or, maybe I'm just arguing with the old me.

I might have lived out my life talking on street corners to scorning men... Now we are not a failure.

.. but a whimper. 


I don't know. I know that there is only so much uncertainty that I can enjoy, then it is enduring, up until it can no longer be endured. 


Her ex-ness asked the boy what it was that I really liked and the boy said, "Rock and Roll!" 

"Shhhh... don't tell." 

But he was right.




.