Friday, February 12, 2016

"farther than the seas"






Already off to an off day. I should return to writing my posts first thing in the morning. My days are crowded with thoughts that do not lend themselves to much, but rather insist on very little.


I wrote those two sentences hours ago. Now, I go to pick up the boy. We will have some little event for us to conduct - go to the park, eat some dinner, talk about what matters most, either Batman or Star Wars, make as if the action figures that he so adores are animated with the stuff of heroes, the motions of life, the dreams of boy.






My heart of silk
Is filled with lights
with lost bells,
with lilies and bees
I will go very far
farther than those hills,
farther than the seas,
close to the stars,
to beg Christ the Lord
to give back the soul I had
of old, when I was a child,
ripened with legends,
with a feathered cap
and a wooden sword.

- Lorca





.