Thursday, July 23, 2015

"I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!"




(enthusiastic fan of politics)


There was a concert on the capital lawn last night. I had thought that it would be classical music but it was some retarded tribute to The Eagles. What can you do. Desperados will be desperate.

They didn't do "I can't tell you why" It is the band's best song and the strongest imitation of the Bee Gees ever written, at least for a song that isn't an actual cover.


Before it started I walked with the birthday girl to the wine shop and then to the cheese shop where I bought salami and crackers and of course cheese. It was all delicious and what Wisconsin is famous for. That, and lately Scott Walker also.

I drank much wine and its behavioral effects became pronounced as the evening meandered on. I stopped in a local pizza shop near the hotel and a guy behind me in line got pissy with me for reasons I failed to understand. He challenged me, but he must have been on drugs and backed down pretty quickly. His aggression disappeared when I offered to test it for him. It was one of the oddest interactions I've had in a while. I hadn't even noticed him at all when he seemed to get angry, accused me of "having a problem"…. I offered to let him find out for himself if I indeed did have a problem, or if I did not. 

Young men. What the fuck is wrong with them. He must not have realized that I went to the gym just two days before.


I leave tomorrow. The week has gone by far too quickly. I have enjoyed it, but am looking forward to going home. I miss my son. A three year old boy does not yet understand absence, can only feel its effects. He shows signs of frustration towards me. Love is not all you need. It is but one of many qualities. 

He is reaching the age where he keeps imploring me to, Look Dad, look! Then, he will jump into the pool in the exact same manner that he has twenty times before. He'll then get out of the pool, run back to the same spot and do the exact same thing, again pleading, Look Dad, look!….

So, that's what I hope to go home and do: watch a three year old jump into a pool, as happy as the day is long.





.