Tuesday, December 23, 2014

So let's take a ride and see what's mine....





My circadian rhythms are completely shot. I fear that I have developed a metabolic disorder of some sort. I have only slept a handful of hours in the last several days. It is a lonely life, this turning and racing in darkness.

All day today at work, my body has been in a painful daze. I am at all times on the verge of hysteria or tears or worse. It has caused me to eat irregularly, so that I feel doubly ill, of body and spirit. I strongly suspect that this is what menstruating must be like. I am as irrational as I have ever been, like being on a powerful drug that is no fun.

Yesterday, the sun came out in Sonoma, hopefully that will help. My body needs the sun's queues more than most. 

Today, it was out again.

On the unusually long drive back home from the city I had the windows down and chatted on the phone before finally running out of people that would answer.

Then, it was just Iggy Pop and I.



I am the passenger, I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight









.