Thursday, September 4, 2014

The applications of blame






For those of you not quite sick to death enough of Burning Man posts:

I present to you The Burning Band... They came into our camp, Hiburnia, at the end of the day and into the night, a marching band, and proceeded to play some snazzy dance jazz. We all had a grand ol' time and the girls seemed to simply love it, gathering towards the center of the circle in bare feet, mimicking the Charleston and Lindy Hop, the Jitterbug and the occasional Chicago Step. (I missed those pics, was having too much fun, etc.)

Then, just like that... they were all gone. So, there is that type stuff there, also.



In truth, I should just give up here today, but I need a break from work. 

If I don't write a post first thing in the morning then I am just a confused string of code-like gibberish.

It is my job, technical and highly focused. 

You can just imagine how well I do some Tuesdays.

Occasionally, I will write a post in the background while spewing high-speed jargon at strangers across the interwebs, demanding that they grasp my meaning, intuit arcane smtp concepts and rfc protocols at will.


Try writing a daily personal essay in that climate.

I dare you.

I double-dog dare you.


My job invites intense analysis, not so much charmed reflection, etc.


So, as with other things, I blame other things.