Tuesday, May 6, 2014

... to give back the soul I had







Do not expect much. Don't accept any less. Do not accept less than you deserve.

There are so many conflicted messages in which we are encouraged to adhere. 

It is best, perhaps, to ignore others' expectations of you.


I am trying to write this at work.



I try not to let things stress me out,  but they do. 

There is so much that hangs in the balance. Each moment is now also in the future. It is possible that this always is, always has been. 



I've included this excerpt several times before, but never more than today:


My heart of silk
Is filled with lights 
with lost bells,
with lilies and bees
I will go very far
farther than those hills,
farther than the seas,
close to the stars,
to beg Christ the Lord
to give back the soul I had
of old, when I was child,
ripened with legends,
with a feathered cap
and a wooden sword.

- Lorca






.