Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks!




(Rhys' first ever picture)


I have been saying it to the boy for some time now: "Rhys, I love you..."

He seems to understand, but I haven't been able to get him to mimic or repeat it back to me very well.  I seem to be getting closer.

Today, we went for a nice long walk together with Barkley, the pup. We needed to give Mom some alone time in the kitchen to prepare dinner, one that will be served as an elaborate late lunch. 

We came to a familiar place in our walk where we often sit on a bench and watch the world. 

As we sat there chatting, enjoying the moment, Rhys took out his binky "bebe" so that we could speak more easily, with greater clarity. I seized the moment...


"I love you, Rhys."

"I love you, Mommy."



(Rhys, asking to be picked up, T-Day)


.