Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gravity






Gravatar, in 3D.  Why do I go see these big Hollywood films. I made the mistake of trusting Jon Stewart. Never again. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a movie. I like films, and even movies. But satellite shrapnel bores me after a while. One gets the feeling that we are meant be somewhat sad when faced with how much we're polluting space. I guess that's why it's known as a sci-fi flick. The Russians are still the bad guys and the Chinese can't build anything that's going to stay in orbit.

Sandra Bullock does look just like Tom Hanks though, they got that part right.

Okay, don't go see it, unless you like chasing the light from a flashlight along the hallway and barking at it as it moves up the walls.

I did like to see George Clooney floating out into space, that was nice. The entire time I kept thinking how much more funny the film would have been if they would have cast Sylvester Stallone in the lead role.

Perhaps I wasn't sitting in the 3D hot-zone. Maybe the film means something entirely different from that vantage point. There is a different "wow" to be had.


My one word movie review: weightless.


Well, we have a brand new Sunday here. What to do with it. What to do. What ever to do.... Maybe an afternoon movie.




.