Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"You can lead a horse to water, but how?"






I don't feel like writing this morning. Between this site, the aborted one that was ostensibly about drinking wine, and the laziest nerd ever I have written over 1100 posts, close to a thousand on this one alone. I have run out of things to say, and I have bored of repeating myself. Perhaps it is time for me to start writing about my experiences drinking wine again. 

Thomas Jefferson is about to die, a convenience that will free me up to do other things. 


The image above was taken in the Santa Fe historical museum, click on it to see. They asked me not to take pictures, though there were no signs saying that it was forbidden. It is a recurring theme in my life: being perpetually told not to do something, seemingly without any coherent set of rules in place. I couldn't resist snapping this one. It reminded me of the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz. It was almost as if the many crucified christs were going to fly right off of the wall and start swirling around the room, picking me up by the shirt sleeves, to take me off to another place. 





.