Sunday, February 24, 2013

... and dreaming is nursed in darkness"






Today we go into Sausalito. A big dual-family day. I'm on the run. The ex-cop is still investigating me. I figure the best way to disguise myself would be as a law-abiding father and husband. That should throw him off my trail for a while.

He continues to post veiled information about where Rachel works and where we live in a presumably threatening way. You can imagine how many times I shit myself last night. I had to wear one of Rhys' diapers.

It's interesting, if you accuse cops (or in this case an ex-cop) of impropriety, or abuse of power, that pretty much guarantees that they're going to prove you right. This is no surprise to anybody who's had any level of interaction with them. But it amazes me: all of the things a detective is unable to detect, like why ex-firemen keep kicking his ass at online poker.

It must be a dejected feeling to sit at home doing investigative work from your aging computer, "hiding behind a keyboard" in a way... remembering fondly the days when you actually could abuse your power with relative impunity.

Stepping slowly away from the stench of the forcefully misguided...


 I already miss Thomas Jefferson. I might read another history book, though maybe not one of the founding era. A friend suggested Manchester's biography of Churchill, but it stretches on to three volumes. That might be too big of a commitment right now, with prison impending. I suppose I could read the war years, 1932-40, but I've never been much interested in war history. I have Keegan's "The First World War" and "The History of Warfare" but have not been able to bring myself to read them, I've only skipped through. I prefer reading about the lives of individuals to that of nations. Perhaps this is why I am such a graceful diplomat and not a warring general.

Maybe it is time for some more fiction. It might benefit me to study my nemesis more carefully, reading Genet should cover it, peering into the mind of his oft repeated fixations. Investigate that.


I paid for a year membership at the gym, hoping that guilt will serve as a motivating factor. I know that it doesn't last, but at least it can help get me started. I went yesterday and did light cardio and weights, then a moderate bike ride. I didn't think that I would be sore today. I was wrong. I was wrong.

Something must be done though, the middle years have pooled around me and the keystone cops are closing in.