Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Big Day






I have a whole new set of things to learn, buffered by yet another new set of things to learn.  In a different field on one side, and then an altogether different field on the other.  I have bookend, athletic ambitions.  It is a time of great learning, I hope.  My partial desire is to learn more about flash photography.  I bought a book exploring Nikon's CLS lighting system. It sits unopened on my desk, underneath some papers about how to set up Mac's new Lion Server.  Underneath that is a book about California's indigenous wildlife.  

I still can't believe that I ever bought, and have yet to throw out, the Cliff's notes on Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov."  What a waste of paper that was.  I suppose I had forgotten how useless Cliff's notes are.  I thought those things were written for students, not by students.  Useless.   Somewhere around here is the manual for the new baby, too....  I made a joke the other day about Dr. Spock and nobody, I don't believe, got it.

There is a calendar in which my intention was to place a big red X each day when I had exercised for at least 30 minutes.  It currently rests on my desk, underneath a pile of paper failures, unmarked.

There is a printer that can be set up through wi-fi.  It sits on the table that we are meant to eat at.  Another unchallenged challenge.  

My toenails are nightly getting caught by the sheets, shredding the nether.



On a much lighter note... I wrote a little bit of children's verse today.  

I was happy with it, it made me smile.



James Thurber, watch out....




.